Ability to perform quality takeoffs and estimates for all mechanical job costs in order to provide a complete bid in a timely manner. Develop scope, solicit, analyze and compare subcontractor and supplier proposals. Provide necessary details for all required bid documents. Mechanical project scope is generally $1M - $10M.
• Review project plans, requirements and specifications
• Estimate and price plumbing and mechanical construction projects utilizing Quick Pen/Trimble Auto Bid program.
• Work closely with Project Managers, shop personnel and CADD team.
• Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
• Prepare accurate, quality takeoffs and material pricing.
• Determine labor and equipment costs.
• Understand project logistics and project schedule.
• Compare and analyze competitive subcontract and supplier bids.
• Review quotes and estimates with Chief Estimator.
• Provide value engineering and cost saving alternatives.
• Provide subcontract bid packages and transmit addenda and other bid information as needed.
• Provide adequate information needed to commence a successful job with Project Management team.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working as a mechanical estimator.
• Large commercial experience required.
• Experience with hospital and industrial work preferred.
• VRF sizing, medical gas, plumbing, HVAC equipment buy out/breakdown experience required.
• Degree in Engineering or Construction preferred, but adequate experience considered.
• Strong knowledge of construction techniques, costs and scheduling required.
• Experience with plan/spec and design-build work preferred.
• Basic computer skills required, including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with QuickPen/Trimble AutoBid preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Detail oriented, excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task, and flexibility required.
• Self-starter that is comfortable coordinating with a team or working independently.
• Passion, integrity and professionalism are required.
• Excellent customer service skills and effective presentation skills.
For immediate consideration apply here.
3008 Wichita Court
Fort Worth, TX 76140
TX Whiskey Plant Opening November 2017
Top 600 Specialty Contractors November 2017
Skilled Labor Shortage March 2016
Now Hiring - Experienced Mechanical Estimator January 2018
Furniture 4 Kids October 2016